SOUTH EASTERN UNIVERSITY OF SRI LANKA
INVITATION FOR BIDS
1. The Chairman, Department Procurement Committee, on behalf of the South Eastern University of Sri Lanka invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the following works.
|No.||Description of Work||Estimated Cost (Rs. Mn)||Contract Period (No. of Calendar days)||Minimum Required ICTAD Grade||Required Bid Security Amount|
|01||Construction of Internal Earth Roads to Malwatta Farm for Faculty of Technology at SEUSL - Malwatta (Stage 1/B)(SEU/CWP/ 2017/IFB/11)||20.3||120||M4 / C5 and above (Highway)||Rs.203,000.00|
|02||Improvements of Buildings for Lecture Hall to the Department of Bio Systems Technology of Faculty of Technology at SEUSL, Malwatta (Stage - I)(SEU/CWP/ 2017/IFB/12)||11.1||120||M5 / C6 and above (Building )||Rs. 110,000.00|
2. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Procedure.
3. To be eligible for contract award, the successful bidder shall not have been blacklisted and shall be registered in the field of Highway / Building with the Institute for Construction Training and Development (ICTAD) as indicated in the above table.
4. Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security as per the information given in the above table.
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Deputy Registrar / Capital Works & Planning, South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil and inspect the bidding documents at the same address on any working day from 9:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. Contact numbers are Phone 067 2255147 Fax: 067 2255217
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the Deputy Registrar / Capital Works & Planning South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil. from 01.03.2017 until 22.03.2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. upon payment of a non refundable fee of Rupees Two Thousand and Five Hundred (2,500/-) for each bid.
7. Bids shall be deposited in the tender box kept in the office of the Registrar or sent by registered post to the Chairman, Department Procurement Committee of South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil to reach him before 03.00 p.m. on the 27.03.2017. Bids will be opened immediately thereafter in the Board Room of the South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil in the presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend.
8. Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date fixed for closing of Bids or any extended period.
9. All Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security which shall be;
- In the form included in section 09 in the Bidding document.
- For the amount as indicated in the above table.
- In favour of "Vice Chancellor, South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil".
- Issued by one of the agencies indicated in the clause 16 of ITB of the schedule.
10. A Pre Bid meeting will be held at the Board Room of the South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil on 24.03.2017 at 02.00 p.m. for the above works.
Department Procurement Committee
South Eastern University of Sri Lanka